Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by samir das mohapatra <sa...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/16 12:23:34 UTC

While Inserting data into hive Why I colud not able to query ?

Dear All,
  Did any one faced the issue :
   While Loading  huge dataset into hive table , hive restricting me to
query from same table.

  I have set hive.support.concurrency=true, still showing

conflicting lock present for TABLENAME mode SHARED

<property>
  <name>hive.support.concurrency</name>
  <value>true</value>
  <description>Whether hive supports concurrency or not. A zookeeper
instance must be up and running for the default hive lock manager to
support read-write locks.</description>
</property>

If It is  like that then how to solve that issue? is there any row lock
?

Regards

Re: While Inserting data into hive Why I colud not able to query ?

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
Samir try running the command unlock table and see if it works

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: While Inserting data into hive Why I colud not able to query ?

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: While Inserting data into hive Why I colud not able to query ?

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: While Inserting data into hive Why I colud not able to query ?

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: While Inserting data into hive Why I colud not able to query ?

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>.