Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by SanjeevGour <sa...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/05 11:22:55 UTC

Webservice method returns object itself

Hello Experts,
I have a webservice implemented in Java and Axis. This webservice works just
fine. Now I have added another method as a part of this webservice. Made an
entry for this method in the WSDD. This method returns an object containing
for String arrays. This method runs correctly but returns the Object's
hashcode instead of the values of the four String arrays. As I am new to the
webservices, I don't really have any idea what to do in order to get the
right data as the response.

Any ideas???
Sanjeev.

Re: Webservice method returns object itself

Posted by SanjeevGour <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your reply.

I am using Axis 2 only.

Regards-
Sanjeev.

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
> Hello Experts,
> I have a webservice implemented in Java and Axis. This webservice works just
> fine. Now I have added another method as a part of this webservice. Made an
> entry for this method in the WSDD. This method returns an object containing
> for String arrays. This method runs correctly but returns the Object's
> hashcode instead of the values of the four String arrays. As I am new to the
> webservices, I don't really have any idea what to do in order to get the
> right data as the response.

Is this about Axis1 or Axis2 ?
if it is not Axis2 and if you are new to Web services I recommend you to
switch to Axis2.

Thank you!
Deepal
> Any ideas???