Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Marco Carbone <mc...@cyber.law.harvard.edu> on 2005/03/17 23:16:00 UTC

validator: can I build with maven w/o commons-build?

Hi all,

I've been trying to build commons-validator using maven, but I'm getting
the following error:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: Parent POM not found:
/space/home/mcarbone/tools/commons-build/project.xml

This is the case because I have no idea what the commons-build directory
is or where I could find it.  Since the commons-validator/project.xml
file refers to this commons-build directory, it seems like I need it.
How could I get it, or failing that, can I build commons-validator
without it?  Thanks,

Marco Carbone

Re: validator: can I build with maven w/o commons-build?

Posted by mc...@cyber.law.harvard.edu.
I am trying to build "maven jar" to just create a jar file.  Even if I
explicitly call "maven jar," I get the commons-build error.

-marco

Posted by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org>.