Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2006/11/22 14:33:17 UTC

[HttpCore] NIO extensions: multithreaded I/O reactors

Folks,

I have added the last few missing features and enhancements to the
HttpCore NIO extensions I had in mind.

(1) Refactored the default I/O reactor implementation into a number of
specialized sub classes which can be used as a basis for more complex
I/O reactors.

(2) Added multithreaded implementations of client side (connecting) and
server side (listening) reactors.

(3) Added additional safeguards intended to ensure that the I/O reactors
can re-fire 'input ready' event until all buffered session content is
fully consumed even if the underlying socket channel no longer selects
for input. This is primarily needed to make sure I/O reactors can
gracefully recover from cases when content consumers are not able to
process all incoming data in one go and some data may be left stuck in
the intermediate session buffer.

Feedback, suggestions, critique are very welcome.

Oleg