Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/30 14:06:45 UTC

EC2 do not support hadoop 0.18.3

Hi all,

I found the the default value of HADOOP_VERSION is 0.17.0 in
hadoop-ec2-env.sh of hadoop 0.18.3, and I can create hadoop 0.17.0 cluster
in ec2 succesully, but I can not create hadoop 0.18.3 if I change the
HADOOP_VERSION to 0.18.3.

Besides, the  HADOOP_VERSION in hadoop-ec2-env.sh in next two version of
hadoop (hadoop 0.19, hadoop 0.20) are both hadoop 0.19.0,  so does that mean
ec2 do not support hadoop 0.18.3 or there's no such an AMI with hadoop
0.18.3 ?

Thank you.

Jeff Zhang

Re: EC2 do not support hadoop 0.18.3

Posted by John Clarke <cl...@gmail.com>.
I've been using the 0.18.3 EC2 image provided by Cloudera.

See this:
http://archive.cloudera.com/docs/ec2.html

It's een working great so far, thanks Cloudera!

I modified their scripts slightly to also install Ganglia as it wasnt being
installed.

John