Posted to marketing@openoffice.apache.org by Jose Soto <jo...@hotmail.com> on 2014/10/15 02:44:20 UTC

Licensing Question

Hello,

I sell computers online and i live Apache open office which is why i need to know how can i request a license or formal letter from Apache open office that will allow me to include this software in the computers that i sell. I am sure my customers will like having an office suite that is free rather than paying Microsoft hundreds of dollars. Please let me know who do i need to talk to in your company.

Regards,

Jose Soto
President
El Chasqui USA Company

Re: Licensing Question

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 15/10/2014 Jose Soto wrote:
> I sell computers online and i live Apache open office which is why i
> need to know how can i request a license or formal letter from Apache
> open office that will allow me to include this software in the
> computers that i sell. I am sure my customers will like having an
> office suite that is free rather than paying Microsoft hundreds of
> dollars. Please let me know who do i need to talk to in your
> company.

Hello, Apache OpenOffice is not a company but a not-for-profit project,
steered by a Project Management Committee (PMC).

The Apache license (i.e., the license of Apache OpenOffice) indeed
already allows you to pre-install the software on any computers you
sell, with no need for a dedicated document. See
http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html

This should definitely be enough for you, but feel free to ask if you
need further clarifications. And thank you for promoting Apache OpenOffice.

Best regards,
   Andrea Pescetti - Apache OpenOffice PMC Chair.