Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Sumit S." <su...@virtusa.com> on 2003/11/12 18:54:45 UTC

Null DynaActionForm

Hi,
   How do I create a new instance of a DynaActionForm when the form passed to my Action.execute() method is null ?

	public ActionForward execute(ActionMapping mapping,
				 ActionForm form,
				 HttpServletRequest request,
				 HttpServletResponse response)
	throws Exception
	{
		try
		{
			DynaActionForm userForm = null;
	        if (null != form)
	        {
	        	userForm = (DynaActionForm) form;
	        	System.out.println("IT IS NOT NULL");
	        }
	        else
              {
			/*NEED TO CREATE A NEW INSTANCE HERE*/
                  System.out.println("IT IS NULL");
              }

RE: Null DynaActionForm

Posted by Matt Pease <li...@fullscreen.com>.
Probably you aren't properly setting up the dynaActionForm in
your struts-config.xml file.

matt