Posted to user@poi.apache.org by "David Smiley @MITRE.org" <DS...@mitre.org> on 2008/03/01 23:53:00 UTC

cell borders; which side of an edge wins?

I'm filling in a spreadsheet and dynamically generating rows while copying
styles from "template" cells already formatted how I want.  But in some
cases, a border between cells is not the border I wanted.  So given a pair
of adjacent cells, each with different styles and borders applied, which
border for the adjacent edge wins (i.e. takes precedence)?

~ David Smiley

Re: cell borders; which side of an edge wins?

Posted by Anthony Andrews <py...@yahoo.com>.
I must admit that I have never tried this explicitly with POI but I would guess that the style applied last will hold precedence, that is certainly the case when using Excel itself IME.By this I mean that if you have two adjacent cells and apply a style to all of the borders of the first then a different style to all of the borders of the second, the style applied to that second cell will be applied to any common or shared cell borders.