Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Karim Awara <ka...@kaust.edu.sa> on 2013/10/01 15:55:09 UTC

modify HDFS

Hi,

I want to modify the source code of HDFS to my usage, but I can't get any
handy sources for development of hdfs on eclipse. (I tried the hdfs
developer mailing list, but they are unresponsive). May you guide me?

--
Best Regards,
Karim Ahmed Awara

--

------------------------------
this email.

Re: modify HDFS

Posted by Karim Awara <ka...@kaust.edu.sa>.
Hi all,

I checked out hadoop 2.1.0 beta  through this command  "svn checkout
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.1.0-beta/hadoop-common-2.1.0-beta"
and i built all the subprojects using maven and imported them to eclipse.

Now if I modified the HDFS code, how shall i test the hdfs subproject?
(knowing that the project is missing the configuration files to actually be
deployed on the cluster).

--
Best Regards,
Karim Ahmed Awara