Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Thiago Madeira de Lima <li...@ieg.com.br> on 2002/12/06 14:32:08 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache NamedVirtualHost + Squid in Accellerator mode problems

    I'm having some trouble configuring apache as a content server,
using squid as frontend to cache the requests.
    My configuration points all my DNS As for squid external IP, squid
then uses a rewrite script to redirect it to apache. Apache is in a
private network.

	But the problem is that apache namevirtuahost directive is not
working as it should.

    From apache core documentation :

   "In cases where a firewall or other proxy receives the requests and
forwards them on a different IP address to the server, you must specify
the IP address of the physical interface on the machine which will be
servicing the requests"

	My apache.conf looks just like this :

NameVirtualHost 200.200.200.200
(this is the squid external ip address)

<VirtualHost www.foo.com>
        DocumentRoot /home/httpd/html/foo
        ServerName www.foo.com
        ErrorLog logs/www.foo.com-error_log
        CustomLog logs/www.foo.com-access_log combined
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost www.bar.com.br>
        DocumentRoot /home/httpd/html/bar
        ServerName www.bar.com.br
        ErrorLog logs/www.bar.com.br-error_log
        CustomLog logs/www.bar.com.br-access_log combined
</VirtualHost>

	When I request www.foo.com it works, but if i request
www.bar.com.br it returns me www.foo.com content. Looks like the
Namevirtualhost directive is not working.

	Anyone had this problem, or have a setup like that ? Any tips?
Will I be able to make this work?

Thanks alot.
Thiago Lima