Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rodent of Unusual Size <co...@decus.org> on 1997/07/16 15:33:39 UTC

Clarification for the "voting" description

    It looks like we have at least three modes of voting:

     1) No voting; freewheeling commit of changes, rollback if problems
        are encountered.

     2) "Eager voting," in which every change must garner the requisite
        quorum of +1s.

     3) "Lazy voting," during which no objections within a threshold
        number of days counts as a quorum of +1 votes.

    (Terms borrowed from RCS.)  During 1.2beta, we were in "eager
    voting" mode; we're now apparently in "lazy voting" mode (from a
    message from Roy a couple of weeks ago).

    Does this match everyone else's understanding?  If so, I'll update
    the voting.html file appropriately..

    #ken    :-)}