Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Muon Le <mu...@temis.com> on 2010/05/26 16:27:22 UTC

When the CPE is killed, its remote processors are not killed.

Hi,

I start a CPE which contains local processors and remote processors.

When I kill the CPE, all of local processors are immediately killed but
remote processors are still processing and will be killed after
processing the last CAS document.

And, the cpe.isProcessing() returns false just after calling cpe.kill().

Do you know how to force the CPE to stop and stop all of its components
without processing the current documents ?

Thank you for your help.

Muon.

Re: When the CPE is killed, its remote processors are not killed.

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 10:27 AM, Muon Le <mu...@temis.com> wrote:
> I start a CPE which contains local processors and remote processors.
>
> When I kill the CPE, all of local processors are immediately killed but
> remote processors are still processing and will be killed after
> processing the last CAS document.
The remote processor must be a managed processor running on the same
node as the CPM, correct? The CPM has no life cycle management for
processes running on other nodes.

> And, the cpe.isProcessing() returns false just after calling cpe.kill().
The CPM is a container for user analytics. If an annotator is in the process
or collectionProcessComplete methods, the CPM cannot kill those threads
but must wait for them to return.

> Do you know how to force the CPE to stop and stop all of its components
> without processing the current documents ?

kill -9 the processes?