Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ysh Liu <ly...@yahoo.com> on 2003/07/06 00:11:11 UTC

[users@httpd] desperately need help!

Hi you all,
I am trying out Apache server and getting stucked at the very beginning.
I am running a WindowsXP Pro, and downloaded the latest version Apache.
My problem is: I can't see the test welcome page!
I manually started the server in the console mode on my local machine and then try to access the server, but it didn't work.
When I type in http://localhost/ from web brower, it shows "The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings."

And then I typed in http://127.0.0.1/, this time, the message is a little bit difference, "There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed."

I guess there must be something wrong with my internet configurations, can somebody give me some advice on how to fix this problem?

Thanks for your time!
Kim

Re: [users@httpd] desperately need help!

Posted by Patrick Donker <pa...@reporters.net>.
maybe your are using a proxy, without having set the 'do not use...etc'
thingy in Internet Options (asuming you are an IE victim)

Posted by Ysh Liu <ly...@yahoo.com>.
No, I am not using any proxy.
The error log says:
[Sat Jul 05 17:56:01 2003] [notice] Parent: Created child process 960
[Sat Jul 05 17:56:01 2003] [notice] Child 960: Child process is running
[Sat Jul 05 17:56:01 2003] [notice] Child 960: Acquired the start mutex.
[Sat Jul 05 17:56:01 2003] [notice] Child 960: Starting 250 worker threads.
[Sat Jul 05 18:00:29 2003] [notice] Parent: Received shutdown signal -- Shutting down the server.
[Sat Jul 05 18:00:29 2003] [notice] Child 960: Exit event signaled. Child process is ending.
[Sat Jul 05 18:00:30 2003] [notice] Child 960: Released the start mutex
[Sat Jul 05 18:00:31 2003] [notice] Child 960: Waiting for 250 worker threads to exit.
[Sat Jul 05 18:00:32 2003] [notice] Child 960: All worker threads have exited.
[Sat Jul 05 18:00:32 2003] [notice] Child 960: Child process is exiting
[Sat Jul 05 18:00:32 2003] [notice] Parent: Child process exited successfully.

I can't see anything wrong with it. And also I can't telnet to localhost either.
I tried on my friend's machine too, but things didn't get any better.
Please, I need more suggestions!

Kim

Posted by Patrick Donker <pa...@reporters.net>.

Posted by Jeff Cohen <su...@gej-it.com>.