Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Eqbal <eq...@yahoo.com> on 2008/02/27 21:18:43 UTC

Defining context inside conf/Catalina/localhost

Hi,

I am trying to move my context definitions from
server.xml to conf/Caralina/localhost directory. I am
having trouble defining multiple contexts with same
docBase. It appears tomcat looks for a directory named
with the XML file name in the webapps folder.

How do I define multiple contexts with same docBase
and a different context name than the docBase
directory name?

I am using tomcat 5.5 on linux with Java 1.5.

Thanks.

RE: Defining context inside conf/Catalina/localhost

Posted by Eqbal <eq...@yahoo.com>.
That seems to have fixed it. Thanks for your help!
--- "Caldarale, Charles R"

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Eqbal [mailto:eqbalz@yahoo.com]
> Subject: Defining context inside conf/Catalina/localhost
>
> How do I define multiple contexts with same docBase
> and a different context name than the docBase
> directory name?

You have to specify an absolute path for the docBase attribute, and keep
the webapp outside of Tomcat's directory structure.  If you're still
having problems, post your <Context> elements here.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.