Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Pavan Kulkarni <pa...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/09 17:58:22 UTC

JAVA_HOME setup error in Hadoop-0.23.3 single node

Hi all,

  I was trying to setup Hadoop-0.23.3 which is the 2nd generation release
on single node.
I configured all the files as specified and also set the JAVA_HOME
accordingly in the yarn-env.sh file but still when I start the program
i.e. start-yarn.sh I get this following error.

*localhost: Error: JAVA_HOME is not set and could not be found.*
*
*
I have checked the settings and .bashrc file and everything seems to
correct , also researched for the solution online but couldn't find much.
So would really appreciate if anyone knows how to resolve this ?Thanks

--

--With Regards
Pavan Kulkarni

Re: JAVA_HOME setup error in Hadoop-0.23.3 single node

Posted by Pavan Kulkarni <pa...@gmail.com>.
Harsh,

  I thought I had resolved it but the error sprung again and I think I know
why this is happening.

The setup of Hadoop 2nd generation also needs configuring hadoop-env.sh
file which I assumed to was same as  yarn-env.sh and had set the JAVA_HOME
in there and was trying to start the setup. That caused the error

I tried setting JAVA_HOME in hadoop-env.sh and I got an error saying
*localhost: Unrecognized option : -jvm*

It would be really helpful if you could provide what exact details need to
be fed to hadoop-env.sh file as it is not covered in this
link<http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r0.23.1/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/ClusterSetup.html#SingleCluster>
?Thanks

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Pavan,

--
Harsh J

Re: JAVA_HOME setup error in Hadoop-0.23.3 single node

Posted by Pavan Kulkarni <pa...@gmail.com>.

--

--With Regards
Pavan Kulkarni