Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/12 01:38:14 UTC

Re: Apache Arrow with Ignite ?

Hi,

Can you please properly subscribe to the mailing list so that the community
can receive email notifications? Here is the instruction:

limabean wrote
> One of the things I like about Apache Ignite is the way it strives to
> integrate and be a "good citizen" in the "Hadoop" / Big Data ecosystem.
> Because of the integrations like Spark, HDFS and Kafka, Ignite becomes a
> great complimentary technology in a big data cluster.
>
> I was wondering if there has been any discussion around Ignite Caches, the
> in memory data grid capabilities and Apache Arrow ?
>
> The Apache Arrow site says the following:  Arrow isn’t a standalone piece
> of software but rather a component used to accelerate analytics within a
> particular system and to allow Arrow-enabled systems to exchange data with
> low overhead.
>
> I am new enough to Apache Ignite to not understand the implications of
> leverage Apache Arrow ideas in Ignite.
>
> Are there any thoughts on Ignite + Arrow ?

As far as I understand, Arrow works with columnar data which Ignite doesn't
support, so I don't think there is any way to integrate these two products?

Does anyone else in the community have other thoughts on this?

-Val