Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/07 18:13:59 UTC

MINA release error...

Hi guys,

I have made a mistake when I cut the latest release (MINA 2.0.18), which
breaks the API - actually, two errors -.

The first one was to inject a new event in the IoHandler, expecting
users to extend IoHandlerAdapter instead of implementing IoHandler

The second one was related to the removal of 2 messages (SESSION_SECURED
and SESSION_UNSECURED). That was due to a big commit that included those
changes, which weren't expected to be applied immediately.

In order to fix this breakage, here is what I'll do :

- first cut a 2.0.19 that is compatible with teh 2.0.17 API, in order to
have the application dependning on this API to work without any change

- and second cut a 2.1.0 with all the changes.

In the short term, both versions will be maintained, in teh long run,
2.1 will be the new maintained version.

There is still a 3.0.0 branch that require some love, for the record :-)

Sorry for the mess...

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com
directory.apache.org

Re: MINA release error...

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Le 07/06/2018 à 20:41, Jonathan Valliere a écrit :
> Would it make sense to rename the 3.0 branch to FUTURE or something that
> doesn’t involve a numerical version number?

Sure. It's a bit annoying to have blocked a version number for years...

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com
directory.apache.org

Re: MINA release error...

Posted by Jonathan Valliere <jo...@apache.org>.

Re: MINA release error...

Posted by Jonathan Valliere <jo...@apache.org>.
Should be fine; ApacheDS is a complex project that used hooks for the old
SSL Events to listen when SSL was started / ended.

Re: MINA release error...

Posted by Christoph John <ch...@macd.com>.
Thanks for the information. No problem, will wait then.

Chris.

Re: MINA release error...

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Re: MINA release error...