Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by jake341 <Ja...@vcint.com> on 2007/10/31 11:18:15 UTC

Dependency Browser Tool

We have an internally developed tool that allows us to browse the dependency
tree for a selected pom.  It lists the artifacts, versions and artifacts
with more that one version.  We use it for finding where a dependency is
coming from and for resolving conflicting version issues.  The tools is Java
1.4.2/Swing.

If this is of use to anyone else I would like to contribute it to the maven
project.  My problem is that it does not really fit into the scope of
contributions for maven proper.

Can anyone give me some pointers about whether this tool would be useful to
others, and if so how i should go about contributing it?

Jake

http://www.nabble.com/file/p13505976/dependency-browser.jpg

Re: Dependency Browser Tool

Posted by William Ferguson <Wi...@yarris.com>.
Jake,

I think this could be really useful. Some rough edges: I wouldn't use a
white font with a yellow background for instance.
But plenty of meat.

I think the best place for it would be as an Eclipse plugin.
Perhaps as an addendum of the M2Eclipse plugin??
http://m2eclipse.codehaus.org/

William

Re: Dependency Browser Tool

Posted by jake341 <Ja...@vcint.com>.