Posted to dev@crail.apache.org by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org> on 2018/06/25 18:01:03 UTC

Twitter

How does the Crail community feel about creating a Twitter account for the project? It could carry news of releases, talks, blog posts, and pass on things that other people are saying about Crail.

I happen to be a mentor for Crail through the incubation process, but I’m not wearing my mentor hat here. As a mentor, it’s not my place to suggest how you Crail markets itself and grows the community. As someone who has grown several open-source projects inside and outside of ASF, I’ve just found Twitter a very successful way for a project to communicate with a broader community, including the many people who are too busy to join the dev list but still want to follow the project’s progress.

Julian

Re: Twitter

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
If unfamiliarity with twitter is what’s holding you back, Patrick, maybe someone else on the PPMC can take this one on.

Re: Twitter

Posted by Patrick Stuedi <ps...@gmail.com>.