Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Torsten Schlabach <ts...@apache.org> on 2005/03/05 19:26:30 UTC

[Website] Missing document on publication templating

Thorsten,

I just did some more corrections to the site as I found I forgot to
check in some stuff to /site which I had already checked in to
/documentation.

In the 1.4 > Concepts -> Usecase Framework document (which is now
finally checked in to /site; I just want to wait for the cron job to
once do its job!) you are linking to a document on publication templating.

That one is neither in /site nor in /documentation, but I'd guess you've
written it already, haven't you? So maybe you can check it in so we have
it on the site.

Noticing you are a commiter in Forrst as well:

I need to say I learn a lot for life from this website update excercises
with Forrest. With each any every detail I come across (such as why
indirect linking makes so much sense, especially when rendering content
for different media) my understanding of what it will take to close bug
#33147 increases.

Regards,
Torsten

Re: [Website] Missing document on publication templating

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 2005-03-05 at 21:58 +0100, Torsten Schlabach wrote:
> Thorsten,
>
> Replace "documentation" with "docu" in my email, then it might make more
> sense. And I was talking only about the SVN repository, nothing else.
>
> What I was trying to tell you is:
>
> Click here:
>
> http://lenya.apache.org/1_4/concepts/usecase-framework/index.html
>
> and try to follow the link in the last paragraph of that page!
>
> I could not find the publication templating document you have been
> linking to. Probably because it only exists on your local machine at
> this point in time!

:)

No, I am sorry, I wrote some of the website but not all.
This part is not from me. Must be from somebody else.

> I was trying to explain I could neither find the .html and .pdf files in
> the repo nor the XDoc source of this very "publication templating"
> document.

Me neither.

> If I would have found the XDoc source in the repository I would have
> generated the .html and .pdf and checked it in to fix the broken link.
> But didn't!

Yeah, you are right.

@all please check your local hard drive whether you find
1_4/concepts/publication-templating/index.html

If you do please commit this document.

salu2
thorsten

> Regards,
> Torsten
>

> Thorsten Scherler schrieb:
> > On Sat, 2005-03-05 at 19:26 +0100, Torsten Schlabach wrote:
> >
> >>Thorsten,
> >>
> >>I just did some more corrections to the site as I found I forgot to
> >>check in some stuff to /site which I had already checked in to
> >>/documentation.
> >>

> > I am using
> >
> > Then doing
> > forrest
> >
> > and cp -r build/site/* to lenya.apache.org
> > (https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lenya/site)
> >
> > Trying to say all you changes have to be in docu so they will have
> > effect.
> >

> >>In the 1.4 > Concepts -> Usecase Framework document (which is now
> >>finally checked in to /site; I just want to wait for the cron job to
> >>once do its job!) you are linking to a document on publication templating.

> > in your stuff.
> >

> >>That one is neither in /site nor in /documentation, but I'd guess you've
> >>written it already, haven't you? So maybe you can check it in so we have
> >>it on the site.
> >>

> > ¿? Which one? I do not understand what your mean?
> >

> >>Noticing you are a commiter in Forrst as well:
> >>
> >>I need to say I learn a lot for life from this website update excercises
> >>with Forrest. With each any every detail I come across (such as why
> >>indirect linking makes so much sense, especially when rendering content
> >>for different media) my understanding of what it will take to close bug
> >>#33147 increases.
> >>

> > :)
> >
> > Any help appreciate. ;-)
> >

> >>Regards,
> >>Torsten

thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Re: [Website] Missing document on publication templating

Posted by Torsten Schlabach <ts...@apache.org>.
Thorsten,

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 2005-03-05 at 19:26 +0100, Torsten Schlabach wrote:
> Thorsten,
>
> I just did some more corrections to the site as I found I forgot to
> check in some stuff to /site which I had already checked in to
> /documentation.

I am using

Then doing
forrest

and cp -r build/site/* to lenya.apache.org
(https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lenya/site)

Trying to say all you changes have to be in docu so they will have
effect.

> In the 1.4 > Concepts -> Usecase Framework document (which is now
> finally checked in to /site; I just want to wait for the cron job to
> once do its job!) you are linking to a document on publication templating.

in your stuff.

> That one is neither in /site nor in /documentation, but I'd guess you've
> written it already, haven't you? So maybe you can check it in so we have
> it on the site.

¿? Which one? I do not understand what your mean?

> Noticing you are a commiter in Forrst as well:
>
> I need to say I learn a lot for life from this website update excercises
> with Forrest. With each any every detail I come across (such as why
> indirect linking makes so much sense, especially when rendering content
> for different media) my understanding of what it will take to close bug
> #33147 increases.

:)

Any help appreciate. ;-)

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Torsten Schlabach wrote:
> Andreas,
>
>  >> I added it.
>  >> Unfortunately I can't generate the website, forrest hangs when I try.
>
> Thank you. I've done it and checked it in, so it will be available out
> there on the site with the next cron job run tonight.

Thanks a lot!

-- Andreas

Re: [Website] Missing document on publication templating

Posted by Torsten Schlabach <ts...@apache.org>.
Andreas,

 >> I added it.
 >> Unfortunately I can't generate the website, forrest hangs when I try.

Thank you. I've done it and checked it in, so it will be available out
there on the site with the next cron job run tonight.

 >> But the image on the usecase framework page is missing on
 >> the Lenya site, it works in my sandbox with "forrest run" ...

Was missing in /site as well. Also fixes!

Regards,
Torsten

P.S.: In the long run we really cannot continue to edit the website this
way. It is to easy to forget to transfer something and to much effort
check this over and over. But we have already filed bug #33147 for this!

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.