Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Gregory F. March" <ma...@gfm.net> on 2003/05/28 21:56:45 UTC

DynaActionForms and persistence (wizard-type behavior)

Hi all...

Now that I've got me LookupDispatchAction problem worked out (it works
really well!), I'm struggling with a DynaActionForm problem.

I have an action who's scope is "session".  The associated form is a
DynaActionForm.  Since I'm just building the app, I have the "next"
button on the form pointing back to the same page.

When I enter data into the form and press next, I can see the fields
in the action (I print them), I find the appropriate forward (which is
back to the same page) and return it.

The form gets reset.

I read that if I subclass DynaActionForm and override the reset method
to do nothing, it should work.  It doesn't.

What is the proper way to have the DynaActionForm repopulate with the
previous data?

Thanks!

/greg

--