Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Chris <li...@leftbrained.org> on 2004/10/01 23:46:05 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache (Win32) Stops responding

Hi, I've got an Apache 1.3.27 and PHP 4.3.1 (module) on Windows 2000
Server. About 3 times a day the server stops responding. I get no error
messages, and the service doesn't drop, it jsut stops responding to
requests.

There are two error messages, which could be related (though they might
not be)

[error] Server ran out of threads to serve requests. Consider raising
the ThreadsPerChild setting
     I was getting this one for awhile, before the current problem
started happening (I'm fairly sure). Raising the ThreadsPerChild to 150
did make this go away.

[error] forcing termination of child #0 (handle ???)
    I'm getting this every time the server gets restarted. The handle is
usually 520,524,528 - 520 + some multiple of 4. Once again I'm not sure
if this is related.

Does anyone have any idea what this might be, or areas I should look in?
I've searched the web and this mailing list, tried to find something in
the docs, and tried changing all sorts of config values, but nothing
seems to affect it.

I understand it could be the PHP module conceivably, any idea how I
might tell for a fact if it is PHP or not?

Thanks in advance, Chris