Posted to dev@slider.apache.org by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/19 16:29:55 UTC

Re: Current Status of HOYA

Yes. HOYA is now Apache Slider.

Release 0.60 was announced yesterday.

See http://slider.incubator.apache.org/ (Download link will be pointing to
0.60 soon)

Also added dev@slider.incubator to CC.

Cheers

Re: Current Status of HOYA

Posted by Billie Rinaldi <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 9:39 AM, Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Michael:
> Are you referencing the keys leveraged for SSL communication between Slider
> AppMaster and agent (which starts HBase daemons) ?
>
> bq. if you have multiple HBase instances on the cluster
>
> Each instance would have its own rootdir on hdfs and its own parent znode.

Also there's a service registry where you can look up information and
configs for each instance.

Re: Current Status of HOYA

Posted by Michael Segel <mi...@hotmail.com>.
Yes, but seriously trying to use 0.89 in production was painful. ;-)

But lets not go there.

Just trying to get a handle on emerging tech (slider) and how it would fit into a production environment.

Seems that on the surface there are still some gaps.

Re: Current Status of HOYA

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
<history>

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: Current Status of HOYA

Posted by Kevin O'dell <ke...@cloudera.com>.

--
Kevin O'Dell
Systems Engineer, Cloudera

Re: Current Status of HOYA

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Re: Current Status of HOYA

Posted by Michael Segel <mi...@hotmail.com>.
Well…

To be honest, the first question is it commercial grade yet?
(Its still an incubator)

So I guess slider will say that they have N instances of hbase, and then give information, but how does a client like HBase Shell know which one to use?

Re: Current Status of HOYA

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Michael:

Re: Current Status of HOYA