Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mark Watts <m....@eris.qinetiq.com> on 2010/01/27 16:59:29 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Apache Server status page shows uneven number of requests across load balanced web servers

On Wed, 2010-01-27 at 09:47 -0500, Arunkumar Janarthanan wrote:
> Hi Nilesh,
>
> Thanks for your response.
>
> I have already checked this with Load balancer support found the
> requests are getting sitributed eventually from Netscaler end.
>
> So was chekcing if this could be an issue or known behaviour with
> Apache.

If the load-balancer is doing true Round Robin, then 1/N requests will
be sent to each server.
If you are not seeing that, then the load-balancer isn't sending the
requests in the first place.

For example, I have an Apache 2.x proxy/balancer here
and /balancer-status is telling me that exactly 1/2 of my requests are
going to each of my 2 back-end servers.

If you could paste some actual numbers, that would help.

Mark.

--
Mark Watts BSc RHCE MBCS
Senior Systems Engineer, Managed Services Manpower