Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "steffen.spahr@oeffentliche.de" <sm...@oeffentliche.de> on 2012/05/18 11:17:53 UTC

WG: SVG-Error using Trinidad-Charts in combination with JDK 1.7

Hi,

today I spent a little time for a deeper analysis of the problem with the
Trinidad Chart component when using Java 7.

So I directly compared the behaviour between the working version (based on
JDK 1.6) and the faulty version (using Java 7) using the
Java-Script-Debugger of FireBug.

My entry point was the "ApacheChart.createSVG" - function in the
ApacheCart1_2_14.js - library.

Following the function calls in the embedded JavaScript:

a)	ApacheChart.createSVG
("j_id24","svgChartj_id24","/ProduktFrontController/adf/svg/chart.svg","width:100%;
 height:100%;",null);
b)	var apacheChart = ApacheChart.createChart(type, model, chartId,
isPerspective, legendPosition);apacheChart.setYMajorGridLineCount(3); ;
c)	apacheChart.draw();

I compared the behavior:

a)	ApacheChart.createSVG()		could not find a difference
b)	ApacheChart.createChart()		could not find a difference
c)	apacheChart.draw(); 		different behavior

try
{
var a53=a51.getSVGDocument();
}
catch(e)

leads to an NullPointer Exception, because the result of the function call
"a51.getSVGDocument()" is null.

Rem.: This happens only if I am using Java 7 on server-side !!!

I really don't understand why using a different Java version on server-side
leads to this different / faulty behavior on client-side.

Any ideas?

Sincerely
Steffen

Steffen Spahr
____________________________________

Öffentliche Versicherung Braunschweig
Braunschweig IT/CC Vertriebskanäle/eBusiness
Theodor-Heuss-Straße 10
38122 Braunschweig
Telefon 0531-202-4550
Fax 0531-202-334550
steffen.spahr@oeffentliche.de

Re: WG: SVG-Error using Trinidad-Charts in combination with JDK 1.7

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <so...@apache.org>.
Steffen,

It looks like its not able to get the svg chart from the server.  I
would check the resource loader that is responsible for sending the SVG
document.  Let me see if I can get the original developer to comment.

Scott