Posted to user@pig.apache.org by 勇胡 <yo...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/19 11:41:42 UTC

The nested depth?

Hello,

I know that pig can support nested data. I want to know that how many nested
depth pig can support, infinite nested or there exists a limitation?

Thanks!

Yong

Re: The nested depth?

Posted by Thejas Nair <th...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Yong,
There is no limitation on the levels of nesting that you can have in
your data.
Pig has nested-foreach which lets you manipulate bags directly as if it
were a relation. But that works only for one level. There are plans to
extend that.
You can always process data with any levels of nesting in a udf or
load/store function, or use flatten to un-nest data.

-Thejas