Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andrew McGhee <an...@netdecisions.co.uk> on 2001/06/14 19:54:20 UTC

tomcat 3.2.2 source build missing /util/xml/PopStack.java ?

We have just compiled tomcat 3.2.2 from both the tar.gz and .zip files, but
on starting up the webserver, a class not found exception is being thrown
(PopStack.class missing from webserver.jar file). The binary distribution of
tomcat does actually have this within the webserver.jar file.

Are we missing something from the tomcat 3.2.2 source distribution, or does
something need to be added to it to add in this missing java file
"PopStack.java"?

Has anyone else come across this problem? (I've enclosed the startup output
when firing up the newly built tomcat server)

Thanks in advance to any help and assistance offer,
Regards,
Andrew Mc.Ghee

[root@localhost bin]# ./startup.sh
Using classpath:
/usr/src/dist/tomcat//lib/ant.jar:/usr/src/dist/tomcat//lib/jasper.jar:/usr/
src/dist/tomcat//lib/servlet.jar:/usr/src/dist/tomcat//lib/test:/usr/src/dis
t/tomcat//lib/webserver.jar:/usr/java/lib/tools.jar:.:/usr/java/lib/classes.
zip:/usr/local/ant/lib/ant.jar:/usr/local/ant/lib/jaxp.jar:/usr/local/ant/li
b/parser.jar:/usr/java/jre/lib/ext/jsse.jar:/usr/java/jre/lib/ext/jnet.jar:/
usr/java/jre/lib/ext/jcert.jar
[root@localhost bin]# Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tomcat/util/xml/PopStack
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java:178)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java:235)