Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org> on 2013/04/01 15:39:40 UTC

Autoconf in INSTALL.Unix? (Was: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 1.3.0-rc.3)

Benoit,

Why did you need Autoconf while installing from the tarball? You should not
need any of the Autotools machinery if you're doing it from the tarball. If
you did, there is a serious bug.

Split this off because I notice Wendall's recent change also adds these
packages for RedHat.

Wendall, can you confirm that this is a mistake? These things should, in
theory, be moved to DEVELOPERS.

Thanks!

--
NS

Re: Autoconf in INSTALL.Unix? (Was: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 1.3.0-rc.3)

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
The DEVELOPERS file already has this info:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=couchdb.git;a=blob_plain;f=DEVELOPERS;hb=1.3.x

To wit:

    sudo apt-get install libtool
    sudo apt-get install automake