Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Sahadeo Raskonda <sn...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/28 20:03:04 UTC

Multiple repo access to single user and Read/Write groups on svn+ssh server

Folks,

I have setup svn+ssh based access to subversion repositories.

I came across a issue where I want single user based on his single public
key should be able to access multiple repositories.
command="/usr/bin/svnserve -r /home/svn/repo1 -t --tunnel-user=saha" public
key
command="/usr/bin/svnserve -r /home/svn/repo2 -t --tunnel-user=saha"  public
key

As we are using the same base URL and the same authentication file but
different repository paths, we cannot access two repositories with the same
authentication details. I tried sticking in another user entry with the
other repository path, even another key but only the first entry gets used
for a particular user. I can access *repo1* but while accessing *repo2* it
gives error :- Error *  URL
'svn+ssh://...<http://groups.google.com/groups/unlock?msg=e33b92486cdc7dd0&_done=/group/Subversion-SVN/browse_thread/thread/8c96b6d8bce6d1db>
@XX.XX.XX.XXX/spa' non-existent in that revision.( spa is directory from
repo2.)

2) Also how to manage READ/WRITE acccess groups to such users.

Like users with R/W on repo1 have only read access to repo2.

Any idea or help on setting up this will be of great help.

Thanks in Advance,
~Saha

Re: Multiple repo access to single user and Read/Write groups on svn+ssh server

Posted by Sahadeo Raskonda <sn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by John Peacock <jo...@havurah-software.org>.
Sahadeo Raskonda wrote:
> I have setup svn+ssh based access to subversion repositories.
>
> I came across a issue where I want single user based on his single
> public key should be able to access multiple repositories.
> command="/usr/bin/svnserve -r /home/svn/repo1 -t --tunnel-user=saha"
> public key
> command="/usr/bin/svnserve -r /home/svn/repo2 -t --tunnel-user=saha"
> public key

This will never work.  ssh will match the first public key that it finds and run
that command.  You could switch to using Apache with client certificates (almost
exactly the same level of security), and give the user rights to multiple
repositories via auth stanzas instead.  You would then use SVNParentPath to
point to the directory above both repos (/home/svn in this case)...

HTH

John