Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Nicolas Guerin <Ni...@xrce.xerox.com> on 2005/11/22 17:41:32 UTC

Installing SVN 1.2.3 RPM on RHEL3, db42 conflict

Hello,

I am trying to install SVN 1.2.3 on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 box.
I understand that BDB support was dropped on the 1.2.x RPMs released by
David Summers, and I am OK with that (I will just convert my
repositories to fsfs before upgrading).
Still, I can't install David's RPMs:

  rpm -Uvh subversion-1.2.3/subversion-1.2.3-1.rhel3.i386.rpm
  error: Failed dependencies:
          db42 conflicts with subversion-1.2.3-1

As I don't need support for BDB, do you think I can safely add the
"--nodeps" flag to the rpm command so that it will install without
complaining?
Could this bring other problems?
Thanks for your help,

Nicolas