Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Th...@stpaul.com on 2004/03/04 14:48:58 UTC

Anyone working on WebSphere AppServer 5.0 Plugin?

Is anyone working on a WebSphere AppServer 5.0 plugin?

- Tom

Re: Anyone working on WebSphere AppServer 5.0 Plugin?

Posted by Richard Lewis-Shell <rl...@mac.com>.
I've committed what I've got so far into the maven-plugins project on
sourceforge (mavin-plugins/was5) .  It's in CVS, but not released as a jar.
The documentation is not great yet, and not all the wsanttask.jar tasks have
been exposed, but enough to ejbdeploy, start/stop servers, un/install ears
(and probably ejb-jars, wars), start/stop/list applications.  The biggy
that's missing is the wsadmin task, although I'm yet to really see how that
would be used - it may end up being easier to fall back to calling the ant
task directly.

I believe that this plugin will work with both WAS 5.0 and 5.1, as they both
contain wsanttasks.jar, and appear to be compatible.  I've only tested with
WAS 5.0 so far though.

I'm publishing this plugin in its current state so that those who have
expressed interest can have a look at it, suggest improvements, and
hopefully even make use of it.  I'm a maven newbie too, so happy to hear any
comments...

Richard

Posted by Gautham Pamu <gp...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Richard,

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.

Posted by Richard Lewis-Shell <rl...@mac.com>.
Oh, and ejbdeploy

> I am.  I am basically building a plugin wrapper around the wsanttasks.
It's
> early days yet, but so far server starting/stopping and application
listing
> is working.  Am happy to share/collaborate to get it done...
>
> Richard

Posted by JY...@rccl.com.

I have one working with wsadmin.  It can start/stop server, application,
deploy and undeploy ear, list, and status.  Basically, anything supported
by wsadmin can be added easily.  It works for a local or remote instance.

Now the kicker...  Waiting to working out our corporate open source policy
before I can make it available outside.  Its basic structure is on the
WAS4, just changing the "executable" and command line options.  If you take
a look at WAS5's documentation of migrating from the old wscp to wsadmin,
it's not too difficult, with some minor tricks you need to know, such as
using $$ when you have to pass a string into the command line with $ and
such.

Jun Ying

|         |           "Richard         |
|         |           Lewis-Shell"     |
|         |           <rlewisshell@mac.|
|         |           com>             |
|         |           03/04/2004 07:21 |
|         |           "Maven Users     |
|         |           List"            |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                |
  |       To:       "Maven Users List" <us...@maven.apache.org>                                                    |
  |       cc:                                                                                                      |
  |       Subject:  Re: Anyone working on WebSphere AppServer 5.0 Plugin?                                          |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I am.  I am basically building a plugin wrapper around the wsanttasks.
It's
early days yet, but so far server starting/stopping and application listing
is working.  Am happy to share/collaborate to get it done...

Richard

> Is anyone working on a WebSphere AppServer 5.0 plugin?
>
> - Tom

Re: Anyone working on WebSphere AppServer 5.0 Plugin?

> Is anyone working on a WebSphere AppServer 5.0 plugin?
>
> - Tom

Re: Anyone working on WebSphere AppServer 5.0 Plugin?

Posted by JY...@rccl.com.

I have one working with wsadmin.  It can start/stop server, application,
deploy and undeploy ear, list, and status.  Basically, anything supported
by wsadmin can be added easily.  It works for a local or remote instance.

Now the kicker...  Waiting to working out our corporate open source policy
before I can make it available outside.  Its basic structure is on the
WAS4, just changing the "executable" and command line options.  If you take
a look at WAS5's documentation of migrating from the old wscp to wsadmin,
it's not too difficult, with some minor tricks you need to know, such as
using $$ when you have to pass a string into the command line with $ and
such.

Jun Ying

|         |           dion@multitask.co|
|         |           m.au             |
|         |           03/04/2004 06:32 |
|         |           "Maven Users     |
|         |           List"            |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                |
  |       To:       "Maven Users List" <us...@maven.apache.org>                                                    |
  |       cc:                                                                                                      |
  |       Subject:  Re: Anyone working on WebSphere AppServer 5.0 Plugin?                                          |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Not AFAIK,

Thomas.Lageson@stpaul.com wrote on 05/03/2004 12:48:58 AM:

> Is anyone working on a WebSphere AppServer 5.0 plugin?
>
> - Tom

But if you wanted to start one, come over and join the AppServer 4.0
plugin team on http://maven-plugins.sf.net.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting

Re: Anyone working on WebSphere AppServer 5.0 Plugin?

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
There's now a working was50 plugin as part of
http://maven-plugins.sourceforge.net.

If you need a built version let me know.
--

JYing@rccl.com wrote on 11/03/2004 05:03:25 AM:

> [...]

deploy and undeploy ear, list, and status.  Basically, anything supported
by wsadmin can be added easily.  It works for a local or remote instance.

Now the kicker...  Waiting to working out our corporate open source policy
before I can make it available outside.  Its basic structure is on the
WAS4, just changing the "executable" and command line options.  If you take
a look at WAS5's documentation of migrating from the old wscp to wsadmin,
it's not too difficult, with some minor tricks you need to know, such as
using $$ when you have to pass a string into the command line with $ and
such.

Jun Ying

|         |           dion@multitask.co|
|         |           m.au             |
|         |           03/04/2004 06:32 |
|         |           "Maven Users     |
|         |           List"            |