Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2012/08/26 18:35:03 UTC

[OT] Current status on Flexunit4?

Hi,

This topic might be a liitle off-topic, but as I have read quite a few statements on Adobe and Flexunit here, I thougt it would be the best place to ask. As it seems that the Flexunit.org mailinglist isn't really active anymore.

I just finished some work on Flexmojos unittesting support, especially supporting parametrized tests in conjunction with Flexunit4. Currently I don't want to push my changes back to FMs trunk, because I am not quite sure what the current status on Flexunit is.

Currently Flexmojos supports two flex unit testing frameworks called "flexunit"
- com.adobe.flexunit:flexunit:0.85:swc  (called flexunit in FM)
- com.adobe.flexunit:flexunit: 4.0-beta-2:swc (called flexunit4 in FM)
I am quite unsure about the later one of them. On the Project page http://www.flexunit.org/ I can see no reference to adobe at all. Even the package structure is different and all refer to "org.flexunit". So I'm guessing this is a second project unluckily also called "Flexunit". Am I correct about this? In this case the current groupId used in FM shouldn't be "com.apache.flexunit" but something different . but what should it be instead?
My second area of uncertainty regarding flexunit (from flexunit.org) is what the latest version is. The Blog on the page claims to be 4.1 RC2, but the download page states 4.1 ("stable" without the RC2).
Assuming the flexunit.org project is different from adobes project and that RC2 has become the final release I was thinking about using org.flexunit:flexunit:4.1.0:swc as version and would like to have this published in a public repo.

It would be great if you could help me sort this out.

Chris

[ C h r i s t o f e r  D u t z ]

C-Ware IT-Service
Inhaber
Dipl. Inf. Christofer Dutz
Karlstraße. 104, 64285 Darmstadt

fon:  0 61 51 / 27315 - 61
fax:  0 61 51 / 27315 - 64
mobil:  0171 / 7 444 2 33
email:  christofer.dutz@c-ware.de

http://www.c-ware.de

UStId-Nr. DE195700962

AW: [OT] Current status on Flexunit4?

Posted by "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Well I have converted all FDKs from 2.0 to 4.8 and updated Flexmojos to work with these FDKs.
I was looking for volounteers to test them, before I was going to start trying to have them published somewhere.

The good thing would be, that I could make sure Flexmojos is compatable with the official FDKs and then start work on a new lightweight plugin.

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi Chris,

--
Carlos Rovira
Director de Tecnología

AW: [OT] Current status on Flexunit4?

--
Carlos Rovira
Director de Tecnología

Re: [OT] Current status on Flexunit4?

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi Chris,

--
Carlos Rovira
Director de Tecnología

Re: [OT] Current status on Flexunit4?

Posted by Omar Gonzalez <om...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Michael A. Labriola" <la...@digitalprimates.net>.
Chris,

Since this isn't actually at the ASF yet, why don't we take this off list for the moment. Email me: labriola at acm.org

I will explain the few hurdles I see. I am not particularly fluent with Maven so it may be that you see easy work arounds and that we can get this all up and running easily with Yennick's fixes.

Thanks,
Mike

Posted by "Michael A. Labriola" <la...@digitalprimates.net>.