Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Saurabh Saxena <ss...@gopivotal.com> on 2013/09/24 02:36:56 UTC

SolrCloud High Availability during indexing operation

Hello,

I am testing High Availability feature of SolrCloud. I am using the
following setup

- 8 linux hosts
- 8 Shards
- 1 leader, 1 replica / host
- Using Curl for update operation

I tried to index 80K documents on replicas (10K/replica in parallel).
During indexing process, I stopped 4 Leader nodes. Once indexing is done,
out of 80K docs only 79808 docs are indexed.

Is this an expected behaviour ? In my opinion replica should take care of
indexing if leader is down.

If this is an expected behaviour, any steps that can be taken from the
client side to avoid such a situation.

Regards,
Saurabh Saxena

Re: SolrCloud High Availability during indexing operation

Posted by Saurabh Saxena <ss...@gopivotal.com>.
@Furkan Pastebin link is working for me. Can you try again ?

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Saurabh,

Posted by Saurabh Saxena <ss...@gopivotal.com>.

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Saurabh Saxena <ss...@gopivotal.com>.

Posted by Saurabh Saxena <ss...@gopivotal.com>.
Sorry for the late reply.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org>.

--
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org

Re: SolrCloud High Availability during indexing operation

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Saurabh Saxena <ss...@gopivotal.com>.

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.