Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Jason Lingohr <js...@apache.org> on 2005/04/08 04:17:29 UTC

svn commit auth problem

I'm having an issue committing the backport of the htdbm doco.

Firstly, I need something confirmed... are we committers meant to checkout
stuff using the https: prefix always?  I (maybe accidently) checked out the
2.0.x branch with only http, and got this error upon committing:

svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: CHECKOUT of
'/repos/asf/!svn/ver/106092/httpd/httpd/branches/2.0.x/docs/man':
authorization failed (https://svn.apache.org)

So I figured it was the URI being wrong, and did a svn switch --relocate
command, to no avail.

Jason

Re: svn commit auth problem

Posted by Sander Striker <st...@apache.org>.

Yes.  You can only commit over https://, so unless you are not planning
on committing, check out over https:// as well.

> I (maybe accidently) checked out the
> 2.0.x branch with only http, and got this error upon committing:
>
> svn: Commit failed (details follow):
> svn: CHECKOUT of
> '/repos/asf/!svn/ver/106092/httpd/httpd/branches/2.0.x/docs/man':
> authorization failed (https://svn.apache.org)

Seems to be ok.

> So I figured it was the URI being wrong, and did a svn switch --relocate
> command, to no avail.

What does svn info say?  Does it show you the correct url?

Sander