Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Naru <na...@gmx.ch> on 2005/07/25 20:56:38 UTC

libsvn_swig_py not linking against the correct SWIG on shared hosting provider

hello list

I'm trying to build the SWIG bindings, using python 2.3.5 and SWIG
1.3.21 (this version is required for trac)

Everything is peachy except for the fact that the swig libraries link
against the (old) version of SWIG installed on my hosting provider's
machine.

I configure Python like this:
$ ./configure PYTHON=/home/fhofmann/trac/bin/python \
PERL=/home/fhofmann/bin/perl --prefix=/home/fhofmann/trac \
--with-swig=/home/fhofmann/trac/bin/swig

which the script apparently picks up:
checking for python2... /home/fhofmann/trac/bin/python
checking swig version... 1.3.21
checking for swig library directory... /home/fhofmann/trac/lib/swig1.3
configure: Configuring python swig binding
checking if swig needs -L for its libraries... -L/home/fhofmann/trac/lib

unfortunately afterwards execution of 'trac' fails with the following
error:
ImportError: /home/fhofmann/trac/lib/libsvn_swig_py-1.so.0: undefined
symbol: SWIG_Python_TypeQuery

and indeed, here's the ldd output:
$ ldd ~/trac/lib/libsvn_swig_py-1.*
/home/fhofmann/trac/lib/libsvn_swig_py-1.so.0.0.0:
        libswigpy-1.1.so => /usr/lib/libswigpy-1.1.so (0x4000e000)

can anybody tell me what to modify/what additional parameter to supply?

thanks & cheers
Naru

Re: libsvn_swig_py not linking against the correct SWIG on shared hosting provider

Posted by David James <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 7/26/05, Marcus Rueckert <da...@web.de> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 10:56:38PM +0200, Naru wrote:
> > hello list
> >
> > I'm trying to build the SWIG bindings, using python 2.3.5 and SWIG
> > 1.3.21 (this version is required for trac)
> >
> > Everything is peachy except for the fact that the swig libraries link
> > against the (old) version of SWIG installed on my hosting provider's
> > machine.
> >

> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/fhofmann/trac/lib before starting
> trac/apache ...  should solve it
>
> hope this helps

Hi Naru,

Did Darix's suggestions help? If not, here are some other
troubleshooting suggestions:
- Use SWIG 1.3.24
- Add $HOME/bin to your PATH. Make sure that the directory containing
the SWIG 1.3.24 executable is in your path.
- Add $HOME/lib to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Make sure that the directory
containing the SWIG 1.3.24 library is in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Let me know if this helps! I know some other folks who are running
into the same problem, so I'm curious to see if this solves it.

Thanks,

David

--
David James -- http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~james

Re: libsvn_swig_py not linking against the correct SWIG on shared hosting provider

Posted by Marcus Rueckert <da...@web.de>.
On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 10:56:38PM +0200, Naru wrote:
> hello list
>
> I'm trying to build the SWIG bindings, using python 2.3.5 and SWIG
> 1.3.21 (this version is required for trac)
>
> Everything is peachy except for the fact that the swig libraries link
> against the (old) version of SWIG installed on my hosting provider's
> machine.

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/fhofmann/trac/lib before starting
trac/apache ...  should solve it

hope this helps

darix