Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by agujral <an...@yahoo.com> on 2011/06/08 07:15:53 UTC

Expiry of messages in activemq

Hi All,
         I want to understand how activemq handles expiry of messages, is
there a seperate thread which checks asynchronously  if message has expired.

thanks
Anurag

Re: Expiry of messages in activemq

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Since version 5.4.0 there is an expiry task that by default will expire
messages every 30 sec. Take a look at this thread
http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/periodic-message-expiry-task-td2385521.html
and
related Jiras.

Regards
Blog - http://www.nighttale.net

Posted by Jeremiah Jordan <JE...@morningstar.com>.
No.  They get expired the next time someone asks for a message from that
queue.  So if you have a lot of messages which expired, the client is
going to be waiting for some time to get its first message while the
expired ones are taken out of the queue.