Posted to dev@empire-db.apache.org by Rainer Döbele <do...@esteam.de> on 2011/01/22 14:07:34 UTC

Removing log4j dependency

Hi everyone,

before we finish our 2.1. release we should decide whether we would like to tackle EMPIREDB-77 (Get rid of the Log4J compile-time dependency) and use SLF4J instead.

IMO this would mean to modify the class XMLConfiguration and to remove the code for  logging-configuration.

Since we need this code in the example, we would copy this code in each of those examples and also add the log4j dependency there.

Any objections or better ideas on this issue?

Regards

Rainer

Re: Removing log4j dependency

Posted by Francis De Brabandere <fr...@gmail.com>.
We could split that part into a separate maven module but not sure if
that is actually needed.

--
http://www.somatik.be