Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <We...@asu.edu> on 2004/03/18 00:08:04 UTC

Something after RequestProcessor adding extra / to URL?

In the Action, I have:
  log.info("redirecting to: "+redirectURL);
  return new ActionForward( redirectURL, true );

The logs say:
15:53:45,640 - INFO edu.asu.vpia.struts.HarrisLoginAction - redirecting
to: http://www.example.com?user=0123456
15:53:45,640 - DEBUG org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor -
processForwardConfig(ForwardConfig[name=null,path=http://www.example.com
?user=0123456,redirect=true,contextRelative=false])

So I'm pretty sure there is no / after example.com, but what I see in
the browser is:

http://www.example.com/?user=0123456

Does anyone know where the extra '/' is coming from, or if it matters at
all?

--
Wendy Smoak
Application Systems Analyst, Sr.

Re: Something after RequestProcessor adding extra / to URL?

Posted by David Erickson <de...@cmcflex.com>.
Wendy,
Not certain where the trailing / is coming from, but I believe as soon as it
encounters the ? everything past there is considered parameters, so
basically if you seperate everything left of the ? and its a working url,
great.  And in essence http://www.blah.com is the same as
http://www.blah.com/.

HTH,
David