Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Rostom Aghanian <ro...@yahoo.com> on 2013/02/06 04:57:50 UTC

Disable XML Declaration in Axis2

I have searched high and low for this and unable to find anything relevant...

Is there a way to disable (omit) the XML declaration (i.e. <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?> from an Axis2 client SOAP message? I have built my client stub using ADB (i.e. using ServiceClient).

The interesting thing is that this option seems to be around for the Axis2/C project (see "xml-declaration" at http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/axis/axis2/c/core/trunk/samples/server/axis2.xml).  But this "xml-declaration" doesn't seem to have any affect in the Java version of Axis2.

Thanks in advance.

--rostom