Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Hagar Delest <ha...@laposte.net> on 2016/08/08 16:52:49 UTC

Re: Re: Re: Reply to : download, but unable to use

In your mail you say 2 times that AOO can save in .docx:
> Le 08/08/2016  15:02, aditya chandran a crit :
>> Well Nasrin that is not the case actually you can save the file in .doc format and even docx!!! Well as I said in the  earlier  reply while saving it choose .docx format.Please try out and if you're facing any problems please do tell me , I'll try to send steps to do it.
Which is not the case. That's all.
No big deal, the original poster was not subscribed to the list, so she did not get your reply (and the following).

Hagar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Reply to : download, but unable to use

Posted by Hagar Delest <ha...@laposte.net>.
As already said in my first mail, I was talking about .docx (OOXML). You say that AOO can save in .docx which is wrong.
For a new user, such statement is misleading. Hardly a mythbuster.
Of course I know how to save in .doc (I use OOo since 2.0), even if I don't use AOO for that.

Hagar

Le 09/08/2016  15:55, aditya chandran a crit :

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.
I believe the objection was to the statement that Apache OpenOffice will produce .docx files.  That it will not do. Yes, .doc, .xls, .ppt can be produced.  But not .docx, .xlsx, and .pptx.

Although Apache OpenOffice will read .docx, .xlsx, and .pptx (though not necessarily as well as the older forms), it is not possible to edit them and save them back in the very same format.  After any editing, one must save in an older Microsoft Office format (.doc, etc.) and hope, as always, that the necessary features and fidelity of the original are preserved.

 - Dennis