Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nathan Schile <na...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/24 22:47:51 UTC

[Apache Tomcat Maven plugin] Deploying a "jar" endstate

I currently have a project that has a package type of "jar" that I
would like to run the embedded Tomcat instance on.  Everything works
fine if the package is "war", but does not work when it is "jar".
My web.xml is located in src/test/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml

Anyone know if this is possible?

Output:
[INFO] --- tomcat7-maven-plugin:2.0-SNAPSHOT:run (default-cli) @ testJar ---
[INFO] Skipping non-war project

Plugin Configuration:
<plugin>
   <groupId>org.apache.tomcat.maven</groupId>
       <artifactId>tomcat7-maven-plugin</artifactId>
       <version>2.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
       <configuration>
           <useTestClasspath>true</useTestClasspath>
           <warSourceDirectory>${basedir}/src/test/webapp</warSourceDirectory>
     </configuration>
</plugin>

Re: [Apache Tomcat Maven plugin] Deploying a "jar" endstate

Posted by Nathan Schile <na...@gmail.com>.
Should have seen that.  Thanks!

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hello,