Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Bill Grubbs <bg...@wamnet.com> on 2002/10/11 03:33:19 UTC

Are soap:headers supported in wsdl2java or the ?wsdl option of the service?

We are adding some new soap services which are going to be implemented with
axis and I need to be able to publish a WSDL for.  They need to be similar
to some existing services which sue the soap:header to pass a session id
after the client is authenticated.

I tried to define soap:header elements in the WSDL file and then use
wsdl2java the generated code it puts the sessionid in the body, not the
header of the txn.  This is also the case with the ?wsdl option to get the
service's wsdl file.

I see how to get at the header to manual construct/destruct the header
prams, but then I doubt that the ?wsdl option will not work to generate the
wsdl file from the service.  I also see that I can associate my own wsdl
file with the service that can be returned instead of generating it.
However I don't like the risk of manually maintaining the file and the code
separately.

Is this a limitation of 1.0 or am I missing something?

Thanks
Bill Grubbs
Consulting Software Engineer
Wam!Net