Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "M. Schips" <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2006/01/03 10:22:06 UTC

PageAttachListener still not called on inital load

Hello...

According to the ChangeLog this issue should be solved with RC3 but I still
have the same Problem described in
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-815

The PageAttachListener I added to my Page is not called at the first time I
access the page.
An access after first load brings the Listener up.

BTW: I'm using JBoss 3.2.7 and Java 1.5.06

Happy new year to all of you
Markus

Re: PageAttachListener still not called on inital load

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
I'm not seeing this; I just did a fresh build of Tapestry 4.0 (source
code unchanged from 4.0-rc-3) and it works.

In my "sandbox":

import org.apache.tapestry.event.PageAttachListener;
import org.apache.tapestry.event.PageEvent;
import org.apache.tapestry.html.BasePage;

public abstract class Home extends BasePage implements PageAttachListener
{
    public void pageAttached(PageEvent arg0)
    {
        System.out.println("*** " + this + " pageAttached()");
    }
}

I see the output, even on the very first request so I know it's
working. Either the fix didn't actually make it into rc-3 (unlikely)
or there's some issue with your environment (more likely).  Please
double check and update TAPESTRY-815 if you find anything.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry