Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sean Machin <sm...@Powercell.com> on 2002/03/06 21:12:05 UTC

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException connecting to servlet - JSEE

Hi All,

I've setup Tomcat on my Linux machine running both http and https.
I can view the default Tomcat pages OK with https via
my web browser.

I am trying to get some Java socket code using JSSE working
to connect via HTTPS to Tomcat.
I modified the SSLSocketClient sample code to connect
to my machine & port, but get the exception :
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Couldn't find trusted certificate.

I'm probably doing something very basic wrong, I'm an SSL newbie,
still got a lot to learn.
Thanks if anyone can help.

Sean