Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Andrew Munn <mu...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/08 02:05:23 UTC

Do I need Map entry classes in Ignite's classpath?

Is there ever any reason for the classes of Objects being put in the Map to
be in the classpath for Ignite?  or does the cluster always handle that
automatically?

Thanks,
Andrew

Re: Do I need Map entry classes in Ignite's classpath?

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

You may need to take down all nodes one by one in rolling fashion, and you
must be cautious to avoid changing types of fields, because this change
will be rejected.

Also, you may choose to avoid using key-value classes on server nodes at
all, otherwise relying on binaryobject form. Server nodes do not need these
classes to perform cache operations.

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by Andrew Munn <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.