Posted to users@camel.apache.org by ychawla <pr...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/16 20:01:29 UTC

Camel route - autostartup - no endpoint found

Hello All,
I have a route with autoStartup set to 'false'.  However, Camel will still
try to resolve the endpoint in the 'from' URI on the route.  For example:

	    <camel:route id="myRoute" autoStartup="false">
<from uri="myCXFServiceEndpoint"/>

However, I don't have 'myCXFServiceEndpoint' defined because the Spring
profile that I am using does not define that bean.  There is a JIRA right
now to not pre-warm/start the route:

which is discussed in this thread:

http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/autoStartup-and-Endpoints-td5718204.html

I was thinking that I could use the route policy that is referenced in this
thread, however, the exception is thrown before I can get at the route.  For
example, overriding this method doesn't have any effect:

	@Override
	public void onInit(Route route)
	{
		LOG.info("Route Init for" + route.getId());
	}

Is there any technique that I can use to tell Camel that when I set
autoStartup to 'false' that I don't want it to try to resolve the 'from'
endpoint?  I can't think of any tricks offhand and am not able to do so with
a route policy.  I do have CamelContext autostartup to false and am manually
only starting the routes that I will be using.

Any help is most appreciated!

Thanks,
Yogesh

Re: Camel route - autostartup - no endpoint found

Posted by ychawla <pr...@gmail.com>.
I tried injecting a Camel Context into the Route Policy, but it looks like
the route isn't yet created so it can't be deleted:

    @Override
    protected void doStart() throws Exception {
    	LOG.info("In custom do start");

    	boolean removed = camelContext.removeRoute("myServiceRoute");

    	LOG.info("Removed route" + removed);
    }

Any other ideas?  Is it possible to conditionally import a route context
based on a Spring profile?

Thanks,
Yogesh