Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Neil Graham <ne...@ca.ibm.com> on 2005/04/01 01:03:51 UTC

Re: Donation of JAXP 1.3 Sources to Apache

Hello all,

I just thought I'd echo Eduardo's sentiments in being very glad that this
is moving forward!  We've had a lot of new functionality in Xerces for a
long time (DOM Level 3 was completed months ago :) ), and it'll be great
to get that into people's hands, paired with an implementation of the rest
of JAXP 1.3.  It having been over a year since Xerces-J's last release,
and 6 months since JAXP 1.3 was finalized, I'm sure there are lots of
folks out there who are more than ready for a JAXP 1.3-compliant Xerces
and Xalan.

Much thanks to the good folks at Sun for having surmounted all obstacles
and got this done!

Cheers,
Neil
Neil Graham
Manager, XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Phone:  905-413-3519, T/L 969-3519
E-mail:  neilg@ca.ibm.com

Eduardo Pelegri-Llopart <Ed...@Sun.COM>
03/31/2005 11:41 AM
Please respond to
xerces-j-dev

"Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
cc
general@incubator.apache.org, Eduardo Pelegri-Llopart
<Ed...@Sun.COM>, Jeff Suttor <Je...@Sun.COM>,
general@xml.apache.org, xalan-dev@xml.apache.org,
commons-dev@xml.apache.org, Suresh.K@Sun.COM, xerces-j-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject
Re: Donation of JAXP 1.3 Sources to Apache

Thanks.  It is good to see this issue moving forward.

                 - eduard/o

Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> On Mar 31, 2005, at 11:09 AM, Neeraj Bajaj wrote:
>
>> xml-common, xerces & xalan communities,
>>
>> I have learnt that legal issues regarding donation has been resolved
>> and latest version of CCLA has been signed.
>> So would like to make the actual code grant of JAXP 1.3 APIs +
>> implementation ASAP. I will start the preparation
>> today and will be back with actual code grant with in 2 days.
>

> I have that CCLA (picked it up on a visit to Sun) and will be forwarding

> to Jim (ASF Secretary) for emplacement in the Hallowed Vaults of the
ASF.