Posted to jaxme-dev@ws.apache.org by Michail Michailow <mi...@gmx.net> on 2005/11/24 11:58:12 UTC

Question about 'implClass' attribute

Hello, everybody,
we are using sun's JAXB extension <jaxb:class
implClass="com.company.project.ClassName"
to force the ObjectFactory of the sun's JAXB implementation to create
instances of
_our_ classes during unmarshalling process (as described here
http://java.sun.com/webservices/jaxb/extendingJaxbGeneratedClasses.html).

We are thinking about the possibility to convert to JaxMe, since it is
small and much faster. The biggest problem: JaxMe seems to understand
the implClass totally different compared to SUN's JAXB. It just places
the generated implementation classes, using the value in the implClass
attribute (and replaces our classes).

My question: Is this the expected behavior of JaxMe (or I'm doing
something wrong)?

Best Regards
MM

Re: Question about 'implClass' attribute

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 11/24/05, Michail Michailow <mi...@gmx.net> wrote:

> we are using sun's JAXB extension <jaxb:class
> implClass="com.company.project.ClassName"
> to force the ObjectFactory of the sun's JAXB implementation to create
> instances of
> _our_ classes during unmarshalling process (as described here
> http://java.sun.com/webservices/jaxb/extendingJaxbGeneratedClasses.html).
>
> We are thinking about the possibility to convert to JaxMe, since it is
> small and much faster. The biggest problem: JaxMe seems to understand
> the implClass totally different compared to SUN's JAXB. It just places
> the generated implementation classes, using the value in the implClass
> attribute (and replaces our classes).

It is quite possible, that you will see news here soon, considering

More precisely: It is quite possible, that you will see an equivalent
feature soon. The feature may differ from JAXB's implClass attribute.
This is, because I so far found the implClass specification very
unclear. (My impression may be wrong, though.)

Jochen

--
Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the
boat. (Mark Twain)