Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Shawn Jiang <ge...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/04 08:31:47 UTC

Re: Is there any plan to migrate existing geronimo shell commands from gshell to karaf shell in geronimo 3.0 ?

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 11:40 AM, Shawn Jiang <ge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Now we are using karaf as OSGI runtime. Karaf has its own shell which is
> based on RFC 139 command service.  Karaf shell uses blueprint and a set of
> util abstract classes

typo, it should be  Standard command line interface  "RFC 147" instead of
RFC 139 here.

--
Shawn

Re: Is there any plan to migrate existing geronimo shell commands from gshell to karaf shell in geronimo 3.0 ?

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
On Nov 4, 2009, at 2:31 PM, Shawn Jiang wrote:
> Geronimo 2.x has its own shell which
> bases on gshell
> uses groovy to define commands.(I don't kown why but I don't like
> this)
BTW, I only used Groovy for the launching commands because of the nice
integration with Ant... and because of the desire to have platform
independent scripts to control muck on launch.

The rest of those commands should probably have been pure Java.

--jason