Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Richard Luckhurst <rl...@resmaster.com> on 2006/10/09 10:04:00 UTC

[users@httpd] Trouble Compiline httpd-2.2.3

Hi

I am trying to complie httpd-2.2.3 on a Fedora 5 Linix box and I am getting
errors. Below are is the error and the compiler output at the point the failure
occurs.

/usr/local/apache2/build/libtool --silent --mode=link gcc -g -O2 -pthread
-L/usr/local/lib   -o htpasswd  htpasswd.lo
-lm /usr/local/pkg/httpd-2.2.3/srclib/pcre/libpcre.la /usr/local/apache2/lib/libaprutil-1.la
-lpq -lsqlite3 -lexpat /usr/local/apache2/lib/libapr-1.la -luuid -lrt -lcrypt -lpthread -ldl
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpq
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [htpasswd] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/pkg/httpd-2.2.3/support'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/pkg/httpd-2.2.3/support'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I have compile this OK on a few other Fedora boxes without problems and this has
me stumped. Has anyone seen this error before?

Regards,
Richard Luckhurst
Product Development
Exodus Systems - Sydney, Australia.
rluckhurst@resmaster.com
Tel: (+612) 4751-9633
Fax: (+612) 4751-9644
Web: www.resmaster.com

Re: [users@httpd] Trouble Compiline httpd-2.2.3

Posted by Kenneth Svee <k....@usit.uio.no>.
[ Richard Luckhurst ]

> Hi Kenneth,
>
> Thanks for the information. Just for my own knowledge can I ask you
> what is considered to be the "normal" location for the pgsql
> includes and libraries?

Default paths may vary between different OSes, and I'm not certain in
pgsqls case. See the docs[1] for details. If you run "configure
--help" that should also give you some information.

[1] http://www.postgresql.org/docs/

Rgds,
Kenneth Svee

Re[2]: [users@httpd] Trouble Compiline httpd-2.2.3

Posted by Richard Luckhurst <rl...@resmaster.com>.
Hi Kenneth,

Thanks for the information. Just for my own knowledge can I ask you what is
considered to be the "normal" location for the pgsql includes and libraries?

Regards

Richard

Posted by Kenneth Svee <k....@usit.uio.no>.

Posted by Richard Luckhurst <rl...@resmaster.com>.